Let’s admit it – interior design is a luxury service.
As an interior designer, I’m well aware that many people simply cannot afford my services, or just can’t justify spending their money on it – and that’s OKAY. Interior designers are used to serving a small demographic, usually filled with business professionals who are far too busy to decorate their own home and are willing to spend the money to get it done. That’s our niche and we’ve been working within it for countless years.
When I started my business, I was adamant that I would find a way to make design accessible. We all want to live in beautiful spaces but maybe can’t justify a full-service interior design experience or maybe you’re someone who loves the idea of getting in on the design action yourself. This is where E-Design comes in!
I am not the first, nor will I be the last, designer offering this type of service but we all have our own unique way of doing it. I have been offering this type of package to my clients since the very beginning of Nicole Costa Design and I think I have finally mastered my process, allowing for the most beautiful results at the fraction of the cost of my full-service packages. It also allows my clients to explore their creative side and implement the designs at their own pace.
You may be thinking, what exactly is E-Design? If you’ve been looking into interior design services, you’ve likely seen a lot of designers offering this or some form of this (online distance design, e-decor, virtual design, etc.). E-Design has become very popular, especially during the pandemic where it has flourished as the safest way to complete interior design work.
Essentially, I will give you all the tools you need to completely transform your space on your own time and budget. Like other designers, I have various packages available from art and decor selection to full room refresh options. All contact between myself and my e-design clients remains virtual – either over the phone or zoom.
In my experience, e-design is perfect for a very specific kind of client and figuring out if e-design is right for you and your space is the first and most integral part of the process.
So, how do you know if e-design is right for you?
E-Design is right for you if:
- you want the chance to implement the design yourself
- wish to complete the project at an accelerated pace (e-design offers a shorter timeline and the ability to implement the design on your own time)
- you’re able to accurately measure your space and provide adequate photographs
- you feel confident in articulating your vision/style to the designer virtually
- you are willing/able to handle all project logistics from purchasing to hiring tradesmen
- you feel you need someone helping you through the process, step-by-step
- you want all photographs and measurements done for you by a professional
- you do not have time to co-ordinate purchasing, returns, and hiring of tradesmen
- you want to physically touch and see material samples/options (from fabric, to paint, to flooring and countertops)
- you want the entire space to be implemented/delivered on one day and styled professionally by the designer
As a designer, I obviously love doing full-service projects because I get to work on every aspect of my client’s space. That being said, there’s something so fun about an e-design project to me too. I get to help my clients cultivate their own creativity and assist in creating their dream space. It’s a different sense of fulfillment for me as a designer, to see that I can help my clients in different ways.
If you’re interested in e-design services please head to my e-design page for more information on packages and pricing.
If you’re still unsure about what kind of project would suit you and your space best, please fill out our inquiry form below so we can help you come to a decision!
I look forward to working with you in any way, shape or form that works best for you.
Let’s create some magic together!
Have questions? We are here to answer!
Need help figuring out which service is for you or need a custom package? Schedule a free call so we can learn more about your project and we can help you determine what is the best fit for you.